Our GIS installers are shell based. You will need to login to your account via ssh to use the installers scripts.
To view a list of available installers you may use one of two methods;
- ls /installers [ENTER KEY]
- cd /installers && ls [ENTER KEY]
To install an application;
- sh /installers/install_APP_NAME [ENTER KEY]
*TIP* Hitting the tab key will assist with completion of the command before hitting enter, this will avoid misspelling and ensure the proper command is executed.
Once the installer starts, it may prompt you for further information. Once the installer has completed it will display instructions on how to access the application or modify your settings.
To return to your home directory, you can use the cd command. If you do not require any further actions in the shell, you may type the exit command.
Some installers may report errors, at this time we are unable to change this behavior. Your app has successfully installed.
*TIP* The mapserv cgi installers are the exception to the rule! You may swap your mapserv cgi version at any time by running the respective install_mapserv_XXX script.
MapFish and OpenLayers are not included in our installers, instructions for these can be found in the knowledge base.
Open a Trouble Ticket if;
- You interrupt an installer (via CTRL-C or connectivity issue)
- You feel the installer has not completed properly
- Wish to have an application installed via the shell removed, or reinstalled
- Feel the need to modify or delete files installed by the shell installer