Installing MapFish requires some skill. Due to the level of interaction and personal preferences available, we do not supply an installer.
Running MapFish on our servers is not a problem, but there are a few things to take note of;
- Shared Hosting: You can not run a Pylons server, Your app will require a WSGI wrapper.
- Some documentation may reference creating a virtual host. You are already in a virtual host so you will need to add an alias to your vhost.conf file.
To install MapFish you will need to login to your MapserverPro shell and follow this guide. All dependencies and required libraries are already installed on the servers. We suggest reading over the documentation below before issuing any commands.
Once you have completed the steps above and have your app ready, you will need to create a WSGI script.
You will not be able to perform a few tasks listed in the above documentation, these are explained below.
- Compiling and installing mod_wsgi: This has already been done! (Shared Hosting Only)
- Creating a Virtual Host: You will need to create an alias instead.
- Check mod_wsgi is installed correctly: It is, but you can do this if you want. (Shared Hosting Only)
- Running Your App: Users do not have permission to restart the server. The configurations are periodically read and reloaded. You may also open a trouble ticket to have the changes applied manually if they do not take effect in a reasonable amount of time. (Shared Hosting Only)