Improving Page Load Times
A zippy site is always good to have. We are going to cover a few various methods below:
- All accounts are enabled for mod_deflate, but the configuration is up to you. Compression of images is generally not suggested, most formats are compressed somewhat already.
- Visit http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_deflate.html for instructions.
- Directives may be added to the vhost.conf file or .htaccess
- Creates slighty optimized code and allows on the fly concatenation of multiple files
- Caches results for faster loads
- Please see http://code.google.com/p/minify/wiki/UserGuide
- Yahoo Image optimization
- Great for static components such as toolbar buttons, header logos...
- Upload single images or input a whole site
- Supported for all accounts
- Not suggested for most applications
- Difficult to configure
- Complex WMS caching of map tiles
- Application must be tile based
Was this answer helpful?
Currently we do not provide MS-SQL support. Although our configuration allows for connecting to...
After successful sign-up and payment confirmation, your account is created. You may login to...
Here at MapserverPro you will have many passwords. This can be inconvenient at times, but this...