Improving Page Load Times
A zippy site is always good to have. We are going to cover a few various methods below:
- All accounts are enabled for mod_deflate, but the configuration is up to you. Compression of images is generally not suggested, most formats are compressed somewhat already.
- Visit http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_deflate.html for instructions.
- Directives may be added to the vhost.conf file or .htaccess
- Creates slighty optimized code and allows on the fly concatenation of multiple files
- Caches results for faster loads
- Please see http://code.google.com/p/minify/wiki/UserGuide
- Yahoo Image optimization
- Great for static components such as toolbar buttons, header logos...
- Upload single images or input a whole site
- Supported for all accounts
- Not suggested for most applications
- Difficult to configure
- Complex WMS caching of map tiles
- Application must be tile based
Was this answer helpful?
After successful sign-up and payment confirmation, your account is created. You may login to...
Here at MapserverPro you will have many passwords. This can be inconvenient at times, but this...
Currently we do not provide MS-SQL support. Although our configuration allows for connecting to...